- Such Personal Data which you may provide or make available to The Cedar include information concerning your personal details (such as name, identity card number, passport number, date of birth, age, gender, race, nationality), contact details and any other relevant information that you had disclosed to The Cedar as may be updated from time to time.
- In the course of your dealings with The Cedar, you may have furnished your Personal Data to The Cedar and in doing so you agree and consent to The Cedar collecting, using, disclosing and processing your Personal Data.
- In the event you furnish or make available to The Cedar any Personal Data relating to a third party eg information of spouse, children, parents, directors, shareholders and/or guarantors (collectively the “Relevant Persons”) you represent that you have obtained the consent of the Relevant Persons to provide The Cedar with their Personal Data and for The Cedar to collect, use, disclose and process their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
The Cedar collects your Personal Data in various ways, in printed or electronic
forms through digital and mobile platforms, such as :
- when you register or update an online profile or when you complete or update your information with The Cedar;
- when you submit forms and/or documents to The Cedar relating to any of our products and/or services as well as products and/or services by third party service providers;
- when you enter into any transactions with The Cedar;
- when you make payment related to any transactions with The Cedar;
- when you interact with The Cedar’s staff;
- from your personalised preference through the use of The Cedar’s website;
- when you participate in The Cedar’s contests, events, market research and surveys;
- when you submit a job application to The Cedar; and
- from information obtained independently by The Cedar from other lawful sources;
The Cedar may collect, use, disclose or process your Personal Data
for the following purposes:
- considering and processing your application for and providing you with products and/or services of The Cedar as well as products and/or services by third party service providers provided through The Cedar;
- facilitating, implementing and/or formalising any transaction with The Cedar;
- processing any payments related to any transaction with The Cedar;
- responding to queries, requests and/or complaints;
- facilitating The Cedar’s customers loyalty programmes;
- updating your Personal Data;
- facilitating your participation in The Cedar’s contests and events;
- conducting market research and surveys with the aim of improving The Cedar’s products and /or services;
- *sending you marketing, advertising and promotional information about other products/services that The Cedar, its business partners or third party providers may be offering (“Marketing Information”), by way of postal mail to your address(es) and/or electronic transmission to your email address(es), text messages (SMS/MMS), telephone calls and/or other phone based messaging to your telephone number(s);
- conducting credit/trade checks and other background checks on you and where applicable, any Relevant Persons with any registered credit reporting agency at any time for the purpose of processing a transaction with The Cedar or for as long as any dues remain unpaid and outstanding with The Cedar;
- for the purpose of credit evaluation, review or reporting and carrying out debt-collection or assisting other institutions to do so;
- prevention and detection of crime including without limitation to money laundering, terrorism and fraud prevention, detection and prosecution;
- required by laws , rules, regulations, by-laws, order, guidelines and/or directives;
- enforcing The Cedar’s legal rights and/or obtaining legal advice;
- facilitating business transactions which may include mergers, acquisitions or asset sales;
- compliance with internal policies and procedures including without limitation to risk management, product planning, insurance, audit and administrative purposes
- for all ancillary purposes relating to the provision of facilities including the provision of computer, telecommunications and technology services;
- human resource applications; and/or
any other incidental purpose relating to any of the above.
*Where you have consented to receiving Marketing Information and/or sharing your Personal Data with third parties for the purpose of Marketing Information, you may opt-out of receiving such Marketing Information or sharing of your Personal Data with third parties for the aforesaid purpose at any time by contacting The Cedar at the details provided in Section 13.
- In the event where Personal Data is requested by The Cedar, you have an option not to provide additional information requested other than the information which is indicated as necessary to facilitate the commercial transaction. If insufficient Personal Data is provided or your consent or the consent of any Relevant Person given herein is withdrawn, The Cedar will not be able to provide you with its products and services and/or fulfil any of your request to The Cedar for any of the purposes as set out in Section 8.
Where you are in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), we need to have a lawful
basis for processing your Personal Data. We have set out below the lawful basis
- necessary for entry into, or performance of, a contract with you;
- necessary for the legitimate interest of The Cedar, where these are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms;
- necessary in order to comply with our legal obligations under certain laws; and
- in limited circumstances, including where consent is required for marketing and to the extent the legal bases for processing do not apply, processed with your consent (which we obtain from you from time to time).
- meeting and complying with our accountability requirements and regulatory obligations globally; and
- exercising our fundamental rights and freedoms, including our freedom to conduct a business.
For the purposes as set out in Section 8, your Personal Data
may/will be disclosed to the following parties :
- any company or representative within The Cedar;
- The Cedar’s third party service providers or agents (including without limitation auditors, lawyers, consultants, insurers, adjusters and utility companies);
- any registered credit reporting agencies;
- The Cedar’s business partner, investor, assignee or transferee to facilitate business asset transactions (including without limitation to any merger, acquisition or asset sale);
- any law enforcement agencies;
- any governmental authorities or regulatory bodies; and
- any other party authorised and consented by you.
- The Cedar may disclose your Personal Data to any or all of the parties stated above which may be located within or outside of Singapore or involve sending your Personal Data to a location outside of Singapore.
- You may request in writing for access to and request for correction of your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date subject to a payment of a prescribed fee, any applicable legal restrictions and contractual conditions.
- If you have any enquiries or feedback in relation to your Personal Data, or if would like to access or correct your Personal Data, of if you wish to withdraw your consent given herein, you may contact: